Skip to main content

Spivak (Colo.)

 Subject
Subject Source: Local sources
Scope Note: Bio/Hist: 1928-1966, located in Jefferson County, Colorado.Source: Jim Forte Postal History. http://www.postalhistory.com/index.htm.

Found in 1813 Collections and/or Records:

Dedication Ceremony of the Texas Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1904-1935

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00044
Abstract

Dr. Philip Hillkowitz sitting behind an unidentified speaker at the dedication ceremony for the New York Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Dates: between 1904-1935

Dedication Plaque of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, after 1929

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00055
Abstract A plaque of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The plaque was given in appreciation of help in furnishing the Texas Women's Pavilion. The plaque says: ''In appreciation, of their help in furnishing, the Texas Women's Pavilion, this tablet is dedicated to, Daniel A. Levy Fort Worth, Texas, G. A. C. Halff San Antonio, Texas, S. P. Ladin Houston, Texas, Gladys A. Garonzik Dallas, Texas, Charles Robinson Waco, Texas, 1929.'' The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients...
Dates: after 1929

Dedication Plaque of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1905-1940

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00056
Abstract

A plaque of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The plaque was given in appreciation of the New York Ladies' Auxiliary for their help in building the JCRS. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Dates: between 1905-1940

Dentist Office at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1920-1950

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00030
Abstract

Interior of the dentist office at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Dates: between 1920-1950

Denver Auxiliary of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society at a Halloween Party, between 1950-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0011.00053
Abstract

Members of the Denver Auxiliary having a Halloween party for patients of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Pictured are Katie Emeson, Ida Edelson, Lib Roberts, Esther (illegible) and Anne Kaminsky. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado.

Dates: between 1950-1960

Dining Hall at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1920-1930

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00089
Abstract

Exterior of the Dining Hall Building, on the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The dining room had a capacity of 200 and had a porch added to the original structure in the 1920s. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Dates: between 1920-1930

Dining Hall at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1920-1930

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00090
Abstract

Exterior of the Dining Hall Building, on the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The dining room had a capacity of 200 and had a porch added to the original structure in the 1920s. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Dates: Event: between 1920-1930

Dining Hall at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1920-1940

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00091
Abstract

Exterior of the Dining Hall Building, on the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The dining room had a capacity of 200 and had a porch added to the original structure in the 1920s. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Dates: between 1920-1940

Dining Hall of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1930-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00086
Abstract

Interior of the Dining Hall, on the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Dates: between 1930-1960

Dining Hall of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1940-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0011.00098.00008
Abstract

Exterior of the Dining Hall at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). This postcard is from a set of photographs of the JCRS. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. It was located on West Colfax Avenue, just outside of Denver.

Dates: between 1940-1960