Tuberculosis -- Hospitals -- Denver (Colo.)
Found in 3226 Collections and/or Records:
This box contains loose copies of "The Sanatorium" -- official organ of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society. Dates range from 1905 - 1928.
Business Card from E. Disraelly: Watchmaker, Jeweler, and Optician. On the verso of the card there is a handwritten list of prices for various items. The total amounts to $14.50.
Business card from Cincinnati Furniture House. $5.00 is written and circled on the front of the card. The verso of the card lists Harry Goldstein’s name with the word “Buy” and $20.00 written in pencil. There is also an abstract drawing of a square with lines running through it, also in pencil.
Small placard from Golden Hill Cemetery in Denver, Colorado. It details the burial information of Morris Goldstein.
Cashier's check written to Jennie Axelrod for the possesions left behind from her deceased husband, Abe Axelrod at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society. Dr. C.D. Spivak, Sec'y of JCRS notes "One gold watch and one diamond ring left after deceased abe Axelrod" on the line of the check that mentions the amount in dollars. There is a number on the bottom of the check that states the value price for the items as $16.18.
Cemetery card from the West Side Benevolent Society and Golden Hill Cemetery, detailing the resting place of Mr. Max Hamburger, block number 3, grave number 87. Card is dated, May 3, 1910.
Handwritten application of admittance in pen to the JCRS for Charles Cohn. It includes his age (48), and place of birth (New Orleans). His nearest relatives are his daughter, Fannie Zar, and his brother, Sam Cohn. It is written on the back side he was suffering from tuberculosis stage III, and he had complete consolidation of both lungs. He was accepted on January 21, 1910, and discharged on May 10, 1910.
Charles Miller was secretary of the Jewish Consumptives Relief Society (JCRS). The Jewish Consumptives Relief Society Collection opened in 1904 (in now Lakewood, Colorado) as a sanatorium for tuberculosis sufferers. It operated until 1954 when it changed its focus to cancer research and became the American Medical Center. contains programs, photos, and scrapbooks related to Charles Miller from circa 1920 through 1958.