Hebrew Educational Alliance (Denver, Colo.)
found: NUCMC data from Judah L. Magnes Museum for Celia Ragooland scrapbook, 1928-1932 (Denver Hebrew Educational Alliance; collection contains a scrapbook with a poster about the dedication of the Denver Hebrew Educational Alliance)
found: Hebrew Educational Alliance WWW, Jan. 24, 2007 (on June 17, 1920, the Denver Hebrew Institute [no publs. in LC database] was incorp. with the mission to provide a Jewish education for the growing numbers of Jewish youth living in the are of West Colfax. In the fall of 1926, through the efforts of Mrs. N.H. Chernyk and Mrs. S. Friedman, the Beth David Sisterhood [no publs. in LC database] was founded; by 1928, the Sisterhood had succeeded in interesting a number of local men in their efforts to create new facilities for Jewish education and the Beth David Brotherhood [no publs. in LC database] was formed; in Nov. 1928, the Beth David group and the Denver Hebrew Institute, wanting to work together to encourage Jewish education, formed an alliance; the newly created Hebrew Educational Alliance, with William Yoelin serving as it first president, acquired a gift of ten lots; on Oct. 25, 1932, Rabbi Manuel Laderman arrived to serve as the first Rabbi of the Hebrew Educational Alliance; congregation grew and flourished; third synagogue planned and completed; variants: Congregation Hebrew Educational Alliance; HEA)
Found in 123 Collections and/or Records:
Box contains Jordon and Essie Israel Development medal, and plaques for the HEA Chai Campaign West Lions Torah, and the State of Isral Bonds awarded to Jorton Perlmutter.
Printed certificate from the Hebrew Educational Alliance Congregation for 49 years of Leadership of the Sisterhood for 49 years and her role in the 50th Anniversary Celebration of HEA.
Contains HEA minutes, correspondence, speeches, financial statements for year ending 1981, lists, wedding correspondence and documents, and a report on Talmud Torah Activities.
Elta Marsha Lee Milkove Cohen (1899- 1993) was a major fixture in the Congregation Hebrew Educational Alliance. She worked as secretary to Rabbi Manuel Laderman and was very active in the Denver Jewish community. She married Julius Cohen on September 24, 1925, and they had three children: Harold, Phillip, and Edward.