Hebrew Educational Alliance (Denver, Colo.)
found: NUCMC data from Judah L. Magnes Museum for Celia Ragooland scrapbook, 1928-1932 (Denver Hebrew Educational Alliance; collection contains a scrapbook with a poster about the dedication of the Denver Hebrew Educational Alliance)
found: Hebrew Educational Alliance WWW, Jan. 24, 2007 (on June 17, 1920, the Denver Hebrew Institute [no publs. in LC database] was incorp. with the mission to provide a Jewish education for the growing numbers of Jewish youth living in the are of West Colfax. In the fall of 1926, through the efforts of Mrs. N.H. Chernyk and Mrs. S. Friedman, the Beth David Sisterhood [no publs. in LC database] was founded; by 1928, the Sisterhood had succeeded in interesting a number of local men in their efforts to create new facilities for Jewish education and the Beth David Brotherhood [no publs. in LC database] was formed; in Nov. 1928, the Beth David group and the Denver Hebrew Institute, wanting to work together to encourage Jewish education, formed an alliance; the newly created Hebrew Educational Alliance, with William Yoelin serving as it first president, acquired a gift of ten lots; on Oct. 25, 1932, Rabbi Manuel Laderman arrived to serve as the first Rabbi of the Hebrew Educational Alliance; congregation grew and flourished; third synagogue planned and completed; variants: Congregation Hebrew Educational Alliance; HEA)
Found in 123 Collections and/or Records:
Brief biographies of Jewish men and women who grew up in Jewish communities in Colorado. Contains historical photographs and interviews with people describing their childhoods.
Announcement for HEA members to join in the preparation for the HEA 70th Anniverary Dinner Celebration and Reunion on January 25, 2003. Enlarged image of congregation members meeting Rabbi Laderman at Union Station in 1932.
Excerpts from the 30th Anniversary Dinner: A Tribute to the 20 Founding Families of the Hebrew Educational Alliance.
The Hebrew Educational Alliance confirmation class of 1943 are standing in two rows. Flowers are in front of the class and the girls are holding flowers. There is a painting of the ten commandments and decorative doves behind the class. Rabbi Manuel Laderman stands in the center of the first row. The Hebrew Educational Alliance was a modern Orthodox synagogue formally founded in 1932 and became the largest congregation on Denver's west side.
Thirteen young men and women wearing graduation caps and gowns pose with seven men during their Talmud Torah class graduation from Hebrew Educational Alliance. Identified graduates are Bernie Papper, Lawrence Heller, and Howard Weiner.